Home forums A Spooky Teaparty Flaw?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve enjoyed the game so much that I’m playing through again. In the witches mansion, with the icon door opening scroll, I’ve opened all four doors and guess what? No cat familiar. So I can’t get the stone. Any clues as to why?

Thanks!

• Orfeas
      Keymaster

In the third screen (second mystic room), the cat familiar is inside the right-hand treasure cauldron. Check there, again, please. I’m checking the files and it doesn’t seem to have a problem. Maybe you bypassed that mystic room without noticing?

• txpeach
      Participant

Checked again and all 4 mystic rooms (one per room) are open and all cauldron’s checked. The 5th mystic room is the crystal.

Another issue that I’ve noticed more frequently is the game just shutting down. Not to the Title Screen but completely closing. In my first play through, it wasn’t so much an issue as I saved often. Since replaying the game, I save very infrequently making the shut down a bigger PIA.

• Orfeas
      Keymaster

So you don’t have the familiar at all, not even the Familiar Key Item, right? Is the first objective in your Quest Log, in the quest “The Familiar in the Mystic Room”, lit up? I’m asking because I cannot find any clues as to what’s at fault here. It’s even stranger, since you have already completed the game once without this issue appearing.

Have you noticed a pattern in these shutdowns? Do they appear after a battle, or after a screen change or just randomly? I am going to try and upgrade the game in the next version, either way, to be even more stable. However, any info helps.
      Did you have shutting down problems with my previous games, especially The Prophecy Lies?

I’m so sorry for these random issues and the many questions. I’ll definitely fix these one way or another.

• txpeach
      Participant

Truly, I am a moron. The cat was in the second cauldron like you said. Even though I went into that room multiple times, I guess I just never checked it.

The games exits when I have been hitting the Escape key, usually multiple times to get out of the menu. I can’t see a rhyme or reason why it does it sometimes and not others. Hope you figure it out.

Thanks again for a great game. Really enjoyed it!

• Orfeas
      Keymaster

It’s alright, we all make mistakes! It was really driving me crazy that I couldn’t find what was behind the “missing cat” issue! I’m glad you solved it!

Now… there is a general problem with RPGMaker games created with the MV version, the version I use for all of my games. Opening and closing the menu a lot makes the game use up more and more RAM. Now, personally, I never get any problems while playing or testing, since I have 20 GB of RAM on a professional game-developer laptop. Generally, if you have more than 4 GB of RAM, you should be fine. Be more gentle with the use of the menu, if you encounter this problem you encountered. Closing the game and having a break for 5 minutes, will help your pc’s RAM go back to normal, too.

(If you have 2GB or less RAM, you should be playing only for like 20-30mins and have 5-minute breaks. Tedious, I know. Unfortunately, as newer RPGMaker versions get released, the games created will require even more resources to run or play with stability.)

I will be upgrading A Spooky Teaparty in due time, though. The new version will use less PC resources, so that you and other players encounter next to no problems. This optimization takes some time, though, since every game is different!

• txpeach
      Participant

The game shut down thing happened to me again. This time I was running into a monster. Just wanted to let you know.

• Orfeas
      Keymaster

The game has been updated to address the shutdowns. Just uninstall the game, redownload and reinstall it. If this version cannot help with these shutdowns, I will really need to dig way deeper for this. Please, inform me of the new version’s situation when you get it!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.