Home forums Aplestia:Retold Esc button

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I would like to change the X button to ESC. Is that possible?

• Orfeas
      Keymaster

Aplestia:Retold runs in a new, upgraded javascript runtime enviroment that makes the game run more smoothly, have no crashes and/or shutdowns. It also allows for better memory management, colors and graphics. Hopefully you have all seen the difference in stability and quality with other games.
      On the other hand… this upgrade also changed the Esc to “leave fullscreen” from the usual “cancel”. I didn’t implement any key mapping or binding so it won’t be possible to change that.
      I really thought everyone was playing with a mouse or a controller! I guess it’s only the two of us who play with the keyboard, mamachi! I will be sure to add a key binding feature for my next games.

• mamachi
      Participant

I can see the wonderfull graphic and I appreciate it. I normally buy games by Aldorlea and I never have game crashes so I am a lucky lady. I hope there is more people than us who play with keyboard. I know the z and x is used in many rollplaying games and I hope I can learn to use it but I still hit the esc button every time. :-)) I will be very glad if you will change it for your next game.
      I want you to now I really enjoy this game and you made a wonderfull job with the guide. I think I must replay the old Aplestia just for fun.

• Orfeas
      Keymaster

Thank you very much mamachi! I was really unsecure about the guide since it was my first try creating one! Now, imagine me -as a keyboard gamer- alpha/beta testing the game. My urge to hit the Esc for “cancel”… ugh! Let’s say I didn’t have a great time! In the next games, I will be definitely implementing a Key Mapping feature, at least for the two of us!

PS: If you play the old Aplestia… I would really want to to hear your thoughts about the remake!

• Orfeas
      Keymaster

Hello mamachi! I added a Keyboard Configuration option! Unfortunately, the Esc and F1-12 buttons cannot be changed as far as I can tell. However, if you’re playing like me (left thumb on space and ring finger on esc), then you can change the key below Esc to “cancel” so that the controls feel familiar. Tell me how it goes if you actually try that out.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.