Home forums Aplestia:Retold Bugs, glitches and issues

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hopefully this thread remains empty! 😀 However, feel free to answer here if you have any bugs, glitches, problems or issues with the game. I will do my best to fix the game as soon as I can.

• mamachi
      Participant

I will ruin your wish because there is a bug in the game. Every time you press space or enter the game make a mapshot. So I cant examine or talk without that message.
      I like to have a copy of the map but I think you have used it for a reason.
      I send you a message from the “contact”.
      Please fix it so I can play the game.

• Orfeas
        Keymaster

Yup, you are correct! It’s a piece of code for me to take mapshots for the guide. Sorry for that. Until I update it, you can play with the mouse. I also believe that the button Z works correctly, too.
        I will be on PC momentarily!

• Orfeas
      Keymaster

The game version 1.0.1 addresses the screenshot-taking issue. Please, kindly uninstall, redownload and reinstall the new game build.

• mamachi
      Participant

Thanks you saved my sunday. I can continue with this wonderfull game.

• Orfeas
        Keymaster

I’m very glad everything now works and you’re enjoying my game! Have a great Sunday!

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Just used my first magic key to open door of house that had a vortex which takes you to Otherworld. The first monsters encountered are a drop and a sludge but when I engage I get Loading Error message: Failed to load audio bgm/Battle Theme%20 Warring%20Swords.ogg as well as a Retry Box. If I click on the Retry Box, it just repeats the procedure and cannot get anywhere.

• Orfeas
        Keymaster

Hello bbarton! Sorry for that! I just uploaded a new version (version 1.0.2) which hopefully fixes the missing file issue. This problem actually doesn’t stem from that battle, but from the last boss-battle you fought. Do you remember which one was it, so I can check out what I messed up during development? To get the fixed version, uninstall the current game, redownload and reinstall it. Everything will work normally. If the Retry button reappears, then just click on it and it will go away.
        If you purchased from BMTMicro, you will have to wait for ten to twenty minutes for their servers to process my files. If you got Aplestia:Retold from my site, you can download right away. Tell me how it goes!

Unrelated: I also added a Keyboard Configuration option for the Full game (the demo doesn’t have it yet). The only problem with this is that the Esc key and the F-keys cannot be changed.

• Anonymous
        Inactive

This was my first time contacting a developer and I replied to the e-mail I received when I guess I should have gone here. At any rate I believe the last boss was the one behind stone doors in the forest opened by a mushroom. I was able to download the revised version and have completed the game. Enjoyed it but I did not the understand the point of have 3 statues ask about having the best weapon when I never saw any of them as well as a treasure chest behind the final boss which you never had a chance to get to.

• Anonymous
        Inactive

Spoiler alert ahead!!
        Hello, @bbarton99 the last boss is the one in the otherworld castle. Did you go there? You have to complete Dr. Gertrudes quests to open the otherworld gate in her backyard. For the statues that talk to you about the weapons, thats actually pretty nice as a feature, I personally like it a lot, you have to complete the chrysoberyl quest and then each statue will give you a legendary weapon! I enjoyed the game but if you get easily lost like I do, just follow the quest log. It makes it easier to keep track. If that’s also hard for you I think theres a guide you could get. :)))

• Anonymous
        Inactive

I had the thank you for playing and then all the credits but because there was that chest with spikes in front I assumed I would able to go back and did not know this was the absolute end. Some games give a warning to be sure all quest are finished would been useful as I knew I did not have all chrysoberyl or had found all super secret sites. I can still revert to my last save but then have to redo final battle. To be honest, a similar game from another developer just had come on sale 2 days before and another one on my wish list will be released Apr 1st giving me priorities. Have all of Orfeas games. Thanks for your reply and will probably go from last save if I need to fill in some time..

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok glad I could help! 🙂 I had played the old aplestia from orfeasgamestudio before, maybe that’s why it seemed kinda easy to me to complete! Btw which games are you playing? Are they also indie rpg? Care to share? I love this kind of games but I can’t seem to find anything good on steam…

• Anonymous
        Inactive

Steam has on sale: Book of Shadows at 40+ hrs est time and another soon to be released is Divided Reigns(have played the demo). Games like these are often available first on Aldorlea site but at a steeper price. Skyfall was fair and I am waiting for Horizon Odyssey to come on sale. I still have Divinity II to play but have yet to recover from the amount of time it took to complete the first game(I normally always play ones like Aplestia). Hope this helps.

• Anonymous
        Inactive

That’s actually helpful thank you very much! I will check the Divided Reigns out since it’s the only one I don’t know about! Seems interesting! 🙂

• mamachi
      Participant

I have killed the “goat” in Ammolite cavern and now I returned to the mayor in Kindynos village but he still want me to kill the goat and find some wood to Kindynos Cave. In the quest log there is a bullet in front of kill the goat and next line is go to the mayor.

• Orfeas
        Keymaster

Yep, I just saw the mistake I made. Sorry for that, mamachi. I uploaded version 1.0.3 fixing that issue. If you saved after defeating the goat, then you must go to Ammolite Cavern Boss Lair, the room to the top left of Ammolite Cavern. Then, walk straight ahead and interact with the big, green crystal – the one the goat was standing in front of. I saved a checker there, so the game knows that you defeated the goat. After that, go back to the mayor and interact with him to proceed. If you didn’t save after defeating the goat, then you don’t need to do anything more than updating the game!

• mamachi
      Participant

I used version 1.03 and everything fine now.
      Did you know there is 2 different Room E in Kindynos Caves. One with a super secret room and the other with desdemonas last letter.

• Orfeas
        Keymaster

Excellent catch, mamachi! It’s also a bit funny, because in the guide I also name both of them as Room E, completely disregarding the double name! I must have spaced out during the development of those rooms! A new build will be uploaded, most likely tomorrow, fixing the guide and the game’s labeling. Thank you for taking the time to point these things out!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.